What’s In It For Me?
- Open your envelope or read your mail piece?
- Seriously consider your proposition?
- Accept your offer?
- Take the steps necessary to follow through on that impulse – i.e., stop what I’m doing and call your toll-free number, or visit your web site?
Whether you are selling fitness equipment or complex technological systems, the copy has to make absolutely clear what the product or service will do for the consumer.
- Will it make me smarter?
- Will it make me money?
- Will it save me money?
- Will it save me time?
- Will it help me get ahead at work?
- Will it make me more attractive?
- Will it make people like me?
- Will it impress other people?
- Will it give me more control?
- Will it protect me from harm?
- Will it make me feel good about buying or using it?
Please remember that potential customers are interested in the personal benefits they’ll receive from using or owning your product. And chances are, the things they’d like it to do for them are somewhere on the list above.
If you can’t make them smarter, richer, more attractive, more powerful, or more productive… or if you can’t make their lives easier, more enjoyable, more rewarding, or more fun – consumers would just as soon give their money to someone else who can.
Continue the Conversation: FNBR can be reached Toll Free at 1-888-988-8148 or via email at email@example.com.