4 Ways to Increase Your Open Rate!
Even the most attractive of direct mail offers cannot generate sales unless people open up your envelope. With that in mind, listed below are some helpful tips to increase the open rate of your direct mail campaigns and ultimately increase sales:
- Use a live stamp instead of an indicia. The live stamp gives the envelope a more personalized appearance. In addition to the stamp, you can use a script font that resembles a handwritten envelope to increase the feel of personal mail.
- If your offer includes a coupon, incorporate the coupon into the letter and use a check background paper for the letter/coupon. Then use a window envelope to allow the check paper with the recipient’s name/address on it to show through the window. Giving the appearance of a check enclosed is a sure fire way to get the envelope opened.
- When using a closed envelope make use of interest generating teaser copy. For instance print “Gift Certificate Enclosed” on the envelope and make it stand out. Gift Certificates are inexpensive to print, add little to the cost of the mailing and only have a direct cost to you when they are redeemed. In addition, they can be used to generate sales of overstocked items that you are looking to move.
- Lastly, depending on your mailing list, either use brand awareness to your advantage or eliminate it. If the mailing is going out to previous clients, capitalize on this and print your company name and logo prominently on the envelope to increase recognition and your open rate. If you are prospecting to people you have never done business with before, consider using only your return address without your company name* to spark their interest of what’s inside.
As always, your experienced FNBR representatives are available at 888-988-8148 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options with you and help you come up with a mailing campaign that is well suited to the products or services you are promoting!
* Not allowed on Non-Profit Mail.
Related Post: 6 Steps to a Better Mailing Envelope