In life, you only get one chance to make a first impression. In marketing, your headline is the first impression that your mail piece makes on the recipient. If that headline doesn’t capture their attention, the odds are they will stop reading and no matter how good your product or offer is, you will have wasted both your time and money.
The following headline writing tips will help you capture the attention of your prospects and so they continue to read the rest of your text:
- Promote the benefits of your product or service. The only reason that anyone buys a product or service is for its benefits. Always include and emphasize the product or service’s biggest benefit.
- Personalize the headline. By using the words “You” and “Your” the reader gets the impression that you are speaking directly to them. For example: “You Can Lose Weight and Feel Great in 21 Days!”
- Make the reader question whether your product or service is better than what they are currently using. Ask a question such as “Are You Paying Too Much for Car Insurance?” A headline such as this will make anyone with high insurance premiums think about calling to see how competitive your insurance rates are.
- Use key words to create excitement and interest in your product. For example: “The All-New High Performance Monterey 185 Out-Performs All Other Boats in Its Class” This headline is designed to make the perspective buyer curious as to what is new on this model and how is it out-performing other boats.
You only have a few moments to capture the attention of your prospect, so get the most out of your headline to increase your chances to capture the attention of your prospect and ultimately increase sales.
About FNBR Incorporated
FNBR is a marketing company located in Tampa, Florida. We provide printing, direct mail, mailing lists, database management, graphic design, web design, and email marketing services to companies throughout the U.S.
FNBR can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free 1-888-988-8148.
Many retailers live and die by the amount of spending that occurs during the holiday season between Thanksgiving and Christmas. During this past holiday season, many sales where driven by“Limited Time Offers”.
The shortest lived limited time offer is probably “Black Friday” with many of the retailers putting specific items on sale for only an hour or two at a time and we all know how well that works. The TV shopping networks have perfected the “Limited Time Offer” like a piece of fine art. Why do the shopping networks have that little clock in the corner of the screen ticking away? Simple, it is to make you realize that their offer of a lifetime is going to expire soon, so you must act now and because it works!
The “Limited Time Offer” is a proven method of increasing sales. Many of the corporate giants use “Limited Time Offers” to boost sales. Take Disney and McDonald’s for example. Disney takes many of their best selling movies and “locks them away in a vault”. By doing this, Disney is making a limited time offer on a particular product to boost sales and then pulling it from the market. The sentiment among consumers is that we have to have that movie because who knows when it will be offered for sale again. The reality is a tremendous surge in DVD sales for Disney. McDonald’s does the same thing with some of their products like the McRib Sandwich and The Shamrock Shake. Like Disney, the items are put on the market for a short period of time and then the sale of these items is suspended, and like Disney the results are the same – a large short term increase in sales.
The same tried and true practices that these corporations are using can work for you. Be sure to use a “Limited Time Offer” appeal in your direct mailing or email marketing to create a sense of urgency. The beauty of the “Limited Time Offer” is that any company can use it. Start-up companies can use it to help create a client base and established companies can use it to boost sales during slow periods.
When preparing for your next direct mail or email campaign, ask your FNBR representative how a “Limited Time Offer” can work for you. Call us Toll Free at 888-988-8148 or email email@example.com.
About FNBR Incorporated
FNBR is a marketing company located in Tampa, Florida. We provide printing, direct mail, mailing lists, database management, graphic design, web design, and email marketing services to companies throughout the U.S. FNBR can be reached at 1-888-988-8148.
Every direct mail letter should strive to make a connection between the letter writer and the recipient. Response rates can be dramatically increased by forming a common bond between the writer and the recipient.
The first step in creating such a bond is to know your mailing list. By studying the demographics of the mailing list, the letter can be carefully crafted to draw in the reader, and the longer that your letter engages the reader, the more likely you are to receive a response.
- In the first scenario, the agent writes a generic letter that extols the benefits of a new policy her company is promoting.
- In the second scenario, the agent makes use of the knowledge that when she purchased her mailing list she had used a “Presence of Children” demographic selection. With this knowledge in mind, she opens her letter by saying…”With three small children of my own, I often wonder what would happen to them if something were to happen to me.”
Every parent at one time or another has worried about how their children would be taken care of if something were to happen to them. With that simple opening sentence, she has now made a connection with the recipients of her letters. The recipients now have a common bond to the letter writer and a reason to keep on reading. The balance of the letter still goes on to promote the insurance policy.
- There are no additional out of pocket costs to write a letter that creates a bond between the recipient and yourself.
- Improved response rates that are generated when a bond is created and that means additional revenue in your pocket.
Take the time to analyze your database and then create that special letter, which will make a connection between you and the recipient, you’ll be glad you did.
Learn More at…
Consumer Demographics help make a strong connection.
With FNBR’s mailing services, we can help you create a connection.
About FNBR Incorporated
FNBR is a marketing company located in Tampa, Florida. FNBR offers mailing lists, database management services, typesetting and graphic design services, printing and bindery services, email marketing, and complete direct mail services to companies throughout the U.S. and Canada. FNBR can be reached at 1-888-988-8148.